EYELASH EXTENSIONS – THE MASCARA ALTERNATIVE.If you hate wearing mascara or have allergic reactions when you wear mascara, extensions are your answer to having longer and thicker lashes.WHAT ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Extensions are semi-permanent, synthetic lashes that are glued meticulously one by one onto the natural lash (not the skin) by using specially formulated glue.
Single synthetic eyelashes are applied to your own natural eyelash to achieve a beautiful full luscious and long set of lashes that are so natural you won’t even know they are there.
The extensions will last 2-4 weeks depending on your lash cycle, how you sleep and how well you care for your extensions. On average our clients visit us for in-fill maintenance every three weeks.
Extensions will open up your eyes and make you look fresh, alive and feminine. We women are so fortunate that we can now have thick, long and curled lashes using eyelash extensions.
HOW ARE THE EYELASH EXTENSIONS APPLIED? A single natural eyelash is isolated and a synthetic lash is glued to the top of your own natural eyelash approximately 1mm from the eyelid so neither the glue or the lash has contact with the skin.WHO WEARS EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
You don’t have to be a celebrity or model to wear eyelash extensions. Normal everyday ladies love eyelash extensions and can’t bear to be without them.
ARE EYELASH EXTENSIONS SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE?
Anyone of any age can have eyelash extensions applied as long as there is a natural lash to glue the extension onto. Ladies who have undergone Chemotherapy and their lashes are starting to grow back also love eyelash extensions. Most celebrities wear eyelash extensions. Because the eyelash extensions are so natural anyone could be wearing them and you wouldn’t know. They are also suitable for people who wear contact lenses and glasses.
PLEASE NOTE: However, if you have an eye infection or have recently undergone an eye operation or cosmetic eye surgery it would be best to wait until the eye area has completely healed.
IS THERE ANY REASON WHY I CAN’T HAVE EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
- If you are an “eye rubber” due to allergies such as hay fever the extensions may not suit you
- If you have experienced sensitivity around the eye area after using skin care or makeup;
- If you use prescribed medicated eye drops or ointment this may coat the lashes and cause them to clump;
- If rubbing your eyes is a habit.
IMPORTANT: If you have recently had your eyelashes permed, eyelash extensions can not be applied until three months after the perming procedure.
WHY SHOULD I GET EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
- No running or streaking mascara
- No need to wear mascara
- Perfect for ladies who can’t wear mascara
- Great for people who wear contact lenses
- It will cut your beauty routine time down in the mornings
- No operation, no pain – non-invasive procedure
- Safe in showers, swimming pools and saunas
- Lasts from 2-4 weeks with proper maintenance
- Weightless and very natural looking
- Perfect for brides, mums on the run and busy people
- Eyelashes will appear longer, fuller and darker
- Your eyes will look bigger, more defined & gorgeous even with no make up
How long does the application take?
The procedure will take approximately 45 minutes for a half set and one hour for a full set. It is a meticulous procedure that requires patience and concentration so therefore it should not be rushed so that clients can leave with a perfect set of lashes. You relax with your eyes closed and there is no pain as this is a non-invasive procedure.
What should I do before my eyelash extension appointment?
If you have light coloured eyelashes it is recommended to have them tinted before eyelash extension appointment.
If you wear contact lenses please bring your contact lens case as your lenses will need to be removed.
Arrive with no mascara and do not perm or curl your eyelashes before your appointment.
How long do they last?
Approximately 2-4 weeks if you respect your new lashes and take care of them. Remember this is a semi-permanent beauty procedure. A real lash’s life cycle is around 25-28 days and as yours grows and fall out, so will the synthetic ones that are attached. If your hair and nails grow quickly then that may indicate that your lashes also are growing, shedding and renewing themselves quickly so you may find that your lashes will not last as long as someone whose hair growth is slow.
How do I look after my eyelash extensions?
- The golden rule for wearing eyelash extensions is the less you touch them the longer they will last.
- For the first 12 hours avoid getting the lashes wet to allow the glue to completely dry.
- When drying your face after a shower, do not rub instead blot your face and apply a gently pressure to your closed eyes then allow the extensions to dry naturally.
- Try and sleep on your back to avoid crushing your extensions in the pillow.
- Be gentle and respect your new lashes. Avoid rubbing your eyes and do not pick and play with your lashes.
- Resist the temptation to touch or pull at your stunning new lashes as this will pull out your own natural lashes.
- Do keep the eye area clean. This is very important.
- Avoid wearing mascara as this will lessen the life of your extensions.
- Do not use eye make-up remover that contains any type of oil products such as petroleum.
- Do not perm or curl the extensions using a clamp eyelash curlers.
- Do not use a steam room or sauna for the first 48 hours to allow glue to cure.
What are in-fills, why do I need them and how often do I need them?In-fills are when the natural eyelash has fallen out (due to the eyelashcycle) and there has been an extension lash applied to it. You will require in-fills every 2-4 weeks if you would like to achieve a consistently full fresh set of lashes.
Can I still wear eye makeup?
Yes, but you won’t need mascara and you may even find you won’t need eyeliner, but you can still use eyeliner and eye shadows as usual but remember to remove with a product that does not contain oil of any kind as this will affect the glue.
Can I wear mascara?
You won’t need to. You can roll out of bed looking great and best of all it will make your lashes look like you’re wearing mascara 24/7 without the clumping, streaking and smudging look that you get with mascara. No more running and streaking mascara which is fantastic for brides on their special day. If desired you can wear a non-waterproof mascara on the lower lashes but remember to use an eye makeup remover that contains no oil.
Can I curl or perm eyelash extensions?
No, do not perm your beautiful new eyelash extensions. Anyway you won’t have to as the extension lashes hold their lovely shape. Using a clamp eyelash curler is not recommended and will lessen the life of your eyelash extensions and perhaps damage them.
Can the eyelash extensions be removed?
Yes, at any time for any reason they can be removed however there will be a removal charge. The extension lashes are easily removed by using a glue remover and is safe.
Eyelash Extensions from $100 – $150